Central Bedfordshire Council has announced its Christmas and New Year bin collection schedule. Collections over the festive period will be one day later than usual, except for an early collection on Christmas Day, which falls on a Monday this year.
Revised refuse and recycling collection days:
- Monday 25 December will be collected on Saturday 23 December
- Tuesday 26 December will be collected on Wednesday 27 December
- Wednesday 27 December will be collected on Thursday 28 December
- Thursday 28 December will be collected on Friday 29 December
- Friday 29 December will be collected on Saturday 30 January
- Monday 1 January will be collected on Tuesday 2 January
- Tuesday 2 January will be collected on Wednesday 3 January
- Wednesday 3 January will be collected on Thursday 4 January
- Thursday 4 January will be collected on Friday 5 January
- Friday 5 January will be collected on Saturday 6 January
All general waste, recycling and food waste collections will resume as normal from Monday 8 January 2024.
Local Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) will continue to stay open seven days a week, between 9am and 5pm, except on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day when they’re closed. On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, they will be open between 9am and 1pm.
Real Christmas trees will be collected for recycling between Monday 8 and Friday 19 January 2024 inclusive. Residents simply need to place their real Christmas tree next to their recycling bin (not in any bin or bag) on the relevant recycling bin collection day.
Real Christmas trees should be no taller than six feet (183cm), with trunks no greater than three inches in diameter (8cm) and all decorations need to be removed. During this period, no other garden waste will be collected.
More information on Christmas and New Year bin collections is available on the Council’s website along with a downloadable timetable to print and place in your home, as a helpful reminder.